Saturday 23 January 2010

NEW EPISODE OF SUTTON PARK ON VIMEO AND YOUTUBE!!!


Hi!

I am proud to be able to announce that after a hiatus of nearly 10 years -  Sutton Park is back! For the first time since late 2000 I have filmed my first new episode - and for the first time the results of this filming can be viewed for all to see. In the period since 2000 the show has been kept alive in a few different ways - from characters such as Horner appearing in my MYSTIC BISCUITS series to Jay, Cromitty and Crispin featuring in both GLADSTONE MCWHISKERS AND THE BEARGRRRIAN DILEMMA and GLADSTONE MCWHISKERS THROWS IT ALL AWAY... Of course this site is another example, I have written a couple of Sutton Park inspired poems and am also aiming to have a book completely devoted to the show by 2012, the 20th anniversary of the show! Now I'll have even more to write about in it! Few people will know, but this is the 3rd attempt to bring back the programme. Scenes were filmed back in 2001 featuring Paul and Nick Goodman - but if anything this was just a continuation of the original show - which never had a proper ending and sadly just petered out after over 3000 episodes and 8 years in production. Paul and Harry also filmed an episode in the mid-00s on a mobile phone (when such technology seemed new and exciting!), but it is quite possible that this footage no longer exists. Not to mention the other various discussions with other former cast members (Ceri Laing to name but one...) over the years about bringing the show back to film a final episode...

But NOW Sutton Park IS back - but rather than continuing from where I left off I have decided that it is better if this new project takes the form of a mini-series which I have entitled SUTTON PARK SW1 (after the area of London that it is initially based in...) At present I am aiming to post an episode about once a month and although I have described it as a mini series I really have no idea how long it will be. All I DO know is that I have missed acting and would like to do so again; the premise of the mini-series really is just to catch up with former cast members and make stories that are VERY Sutton Park... One episode a month seems about right - having only recently come into possession of video recording equipment after quite a break. Those who follow my poetry will know that I am also busy with poetry videos; not to mention the writing of poetry collections and Mouse of Commons novels; not to mention the gigs and book launches that I am involved in during 2010.

As yet I really have no idea quite where this new adventure will lead us - however I can confirm that part 2 is about half complete and also features a cameo from one of the members of cast from the very first episode of the show, back in September 1992. I am in no rush to get that episode completed until I can secure another cameo, exciting location or tacky monster of some kind... Viewers may note that The Shy Yeti choir are responsible for all the music for the new series and that the old theme tune returns in an acoustic form - well, if it's going on the Interweb then it's simply easier to make my own music and sound effects rather than get into trouble with the Copyright people. :) I think it sounds lovely, don't you!? Well done, yeti...

Anyway! I have said quite enough - you can watch the new episode at either of the two following locations:

Looks like the vimeo version of the new SUTTON PARK episode will be up first:



Enjoy the new episode! More soon...

Paul xx

No comments: